In Recipes on
April 9, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Mousse

Um can you say easiest dessert ever?! Seriously this is super easy. Literally just combine one can of coconut milk PLUS coco powder and VOILA = BEST Chocolate Mousse Ever!

securedownload-2
securedownload-1
I’ve tried a couple different brands and the “Thai Kitchen” unsweetened, coconut milk, seems to work best for me.
securedownload
This is what it looks like all mixed up, beautiful right? It should mix really easily and you will barely have to stir the ingredients together.

securedownload-3
Ingredients:
-One can of Coconut Milk
-1 tablespoon of coco powder
-OPTIONAL:
-sprinkle of coconut
-sprinkle of dark chocolate chips
Okay are you ready for this… Its intense! Just take one can of coconut milk and refrigerate overnight. It will thicken, dispose the extra liquid. Combine the “coconut paste” with the coco powder. Sprinkle with coconut and chocolate chips. And VOILA thats it! SUPER EASY and delicious!
securedownload

• Laura

Gotta love a 2 ingredient dessert! I’ll definitely be giving this a try once I eat all the cookies I baked last night. 😉

April 9, 2013 at 10:28 am Reply
    • aleshahaley

Haha Yes! Those cookies are amazing! This is definitely a good late night chocolate cure!

April 11, 2013 at 9:54 am Reply
  • Heather {The Lovely Cupboard}

I’m all about easy desserts! Love coconut milk too.

April 9, 2013 at 12:36 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

It is super easy! I also made it again.. and added slices bannanas too! super yummy

April 9, 2013 at 1:23 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

Thanks Heather!

April 11, 2013 at 9:54 am Reply
  • lara

This looks delish! I love anything with coconut!!

April 10, 2013 at 2:01 pm Reply
  • Silvia

Hello Alesha, when do you eat things like this while carb cycling?

I am about to begin that diet to lose 10 pounds and get stronger and leaner also with exercise. I have lost 42 pounds already and I do not eat flour or sugar anymore. I was eating low carb but when I began to exercise I found out that I was feeling really weak and searching for information I found out carb cycling diet so I have read about 10 books and made my own conclusions about all of them. My doubt is…when can you eat pancakes or cookies made with coconut or almond meal, flax meal, protein etc.? Or desserts like this as they are low carb but not low fat

Paleo cookies or breads or low carb breads? I make one with flax meal, almond meal, coconut flour, whey and soy protein, eggs , yeast and water and it is very good but I do not know if I can eat it while carb cycling as it is not low fat, so it would be better to try ezequiel bread instead on high carb days?

Heeeelp please

April 25, 2014 at 8:18 pm Reply

Hi there!

I will say carb cycling was challenging not really my taste. I only did it when required for the last 3 weeks of Jamie’s program. I did not eat this or any other dessert when I was doing the carb cycling. BUT if it’s your lifestyle then I think in moderation dessert is fine. When I was doing Jamie’s program I allowed myself a healthy or modified clean treat at least once a week. That could be taking a pumpkin protein bar and covering it with cinnamon greek yogurt topping 🙂

April 29, 2014 at 1:28 pm Reply