In Fitness on
August 18, 2013

Jamie Eason Live Fit Challenge {Week 1}

So here I am at the end of Week 1 of the Jamie Eason Live Fit 12 Week Challenge.

To see my original post on why I started this 3 month journey click here.
IMG_6656
Overall I feel great! Ive lost 3 pounds so far! Woop Woop! And immediatly I’ve noticed I’m sleeping better at night (I usually toss and turn for a good hour before falling asleep and David just really loves it! HA) So thats a good start. I’m going to layout my first week of workouts and food plans below in case anyone wants to follow along.The KEY to this 12 week program is clean eating, which includes eating 6 small well balanced meals a day every 2-3 hours. Along with weightlifting and small amounts of cardio all of these factors make this program totally OUT of my comfort zone but I’m ready to learn 🙂 I consider myself a pretty healthy eater but WHOA I had no idea how much processed stuff I was eating even just in flours, oils, salad dressings, dairy products, coffee creamer (just to name a few). Just because it says “ORGANIC” doesn’t mean it really is! Read the labels people, if you can’t pronounce the ingredients, don’t eat it!If you want to read more about the FREE Jamie Eason Live Fit Challenge click here. (This program is in fact FREE but you will need access to a gym, I am currently using our community workout room, but for Phase 2 I will need to use more machines so I will be getting a gym membership next month.)So let me start out by saying that when my friend sent me the link to the website I was immediatly hooked after watching the intro video! And then as I scrolled through the foods and workouts that excitement QUICKLY turned to being overwhelmed, its okay! It seems kind of intense at first but it’s really not {trust me}. It’s all about making NEW habits and that’s going to be a little uncomfortable & will take time  but it will be worth it!Week 1 – FOODTo see the official Food List click here —-> Jamie Eason Approved Foods ListSo one thing that I’ve had to get used to so far is MEAL PREP! I spent last Sunday afternoon cooking ALL my food for the week (except dinners) and then dividing them into lovely little tupperwares 🙂 And honestly it made going to work in the morning SO EASY! I just grab a couple containers and I have all my meals for the day! I know my officemates think all I do is eat all day! haha BUT I’m eating smaller portions every 3 hours, so I am avoiding the ravenous food binge when I get home from work. And I’m never starving because I’m eating more filling and healthy foods.Jamie Eason Live Fit Meal Prep: Week 1
IMG_6733
Here is a list of what I have eaten this week.
P.S. I LOG all my foods with the FREE iPhone App “My Fitness Pal“Meal 1- 8:00  AM
-2 egg white muffins, 1/2 a cup of chickpeas (or brown rice), and veggies (handful of spinach)Meal 2 – 11:00 AM
-1/2 cup of greek yogurt and berries
OR – 2 turkey meatballs with spinachMeal 3- 1:00 PM
-4 oz of baked chicken, spinach salad with strawberries, blueberries and walnuts w/ a tablespoon of Balsamic Vinaigrette
OR – 4 oz of baked chicken, half a steamed sweet potato, and a cup of steamed broccoli topped with a quater of a tomato

Meal 4 – 3:30 PM
– 2  of Jamie Eason’s turkey meatballs with a handful of spinach and tomato
OR  – 2 sqaures of Jamie Eason’s chocolate protein bars

Meal 5 – 5:30 (PRE WORKOUT)
-protein shake (1 scoop of protein powder and either almond milk OR water)

Meal 6 – 8:00 PM
-lean meat or fish with steamed veggies and salad

Depending on my day sometimes I only eat 5 meals a day every 3 hours, if I am really hungry I’ll eat more often (6 meals a day) LISTEN to your own body, don’t starve yourself. And because I’m eating clean I don’t feel guilty or OVERLY full (aka the notorious food coma) NOPE I feel full and satisified! This part is very new for me! Its taking some time adjusting and its not easy turning down tasty food that people are offering in the office (like FREE icecream, what the what?! but I said No, and ate my homemade protein bar)Breakfast – 2 egg white muffins (i’ll be sharing my recipe later this week) with a half cup of brown rice
IMG_6761Lunch – 4 oz of baked chicken, half a steamed sweet potato, and a cup of steamed rice topped with tomato
IMG_6771
Dinner – Homemade whole wheat tortilla, pan seared tilapia, with veggies and avocado, and a side salad with fresh berries. Was seriously DELISH!!!
IMG_6806
Another view of Day Fours delish Tilapia Tacos! Even David LOVED them too 🙂
This was dinner on Night 2 – I didn’t have time to cook up any meat so I just had 2 Turkey Meatballs, steamed broccoli, brown rice and a side salad
IMG_6760
banner_cleaneating_ebook
On Day 3 I made Jamie Eason’s Fish in Foil using Tilapia, with broccoli and brown rice and avocado. YUM-O!
IMG_6753

Dinner on Day 6 – Eggplant, Chicken and Spinach stack – I’ll post the recipe later this week
securedownload-2
Saturday morning I wanted something a little different than the usual egg white muffins. So Pancakes it was!
3 Ingredients – 1 bannana, 2 egg whites and a scoop of CHOCOLATE protein powder (makes 4 small pancakes)
Served with 1 TB of plain greek yogurt mixed with cinnamon (drizzled on top and some fresh berries)
For the recipe CLICK HERE.
securedownload-1Okay so this program is not just about eating good food, its also about getting your butt kicked in the gym! Not just working out like crazy for two weeks then not doing anything for 3 months (Um Im not the only one who’s done that before right?!) So this time I know that I really want to stick to the workouts! This week it’s only been 30 minutes a day 4 days a week. Let me tell you I’ve been SOOO SORE! The workouts are intense and they will eventually get to be about 1.5 hrs a day, 6 days a week but lets just worry about that later, shall we?!One of the great things that I’m loving about this so far is the workouts are gradual, its not super crazy with exhausting workouts 7 days a week, you really ease your way into it, and guess what NO CARDIO the first month! Crazy, I know!Week 1 – Phase 1 workouts CLICK HEREPicture 1Okay I know this post was SUPER long, I promise next week will be more to the point 🙂
But are you convinced & want to do this with me yet?! I cant wait till I can finally see results, I know its going to get super intense but I am really enjoying the program so far!Happy weekend ALL!
Click the Links BELOW to download the PRINTABLE workout sheets for each phase!
Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 11.57.34 AMScreen Shot 2013-10-07 at 12.07.33 PMScreen Shot 2013-10-07 at 12.07.49 PM
Phase 1 PDF                         Phase 2 PDF                        Phase 3 PDF
signature

• AllisonInWellnessLand

I love your meal prep! Way to start your week great and get on track! Those fish tacos & salads look amazing!! I hope your first couple weeks of lifting weights & getting acquainted to the new exercises is going great!! Can’t wait to hear about the rest of your experience!

August 22, 2013 at 10:35 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

Thanks so much for the sweet comment! I’m really enjoying it so far! It’s def a change getting used to meal prep, but with my busy schedule, Im so glad I have them, so Im not tempted by fast food! And Yes the tacos were soooo good! Def my fave dinner so far!

August 23, 2013 at 9:42 am Reply
    • yuri

Where did you print out all those pages to keep track? I cant find them on the website. I just find them one by one.

February 6, 2014 at 1:42 am Reply
  • Nekohl

My cousin and I are on day 2 of phase one. Your food prep is a huge help! Thank you for sharing! We’ll be right behind you the whole way! =)

October 1, 2013 at 10:53 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

YAY! so awesome! I LOVE meeting other people doing Jamies program. Your going to LOVE it!! Its hard work & super intense, but its sooo worth 🙂 Please keep me updated on you & your cousins progress!!

October 2, 2013 at 10:18 am Reply
  • Pam

Can you post the recipe for your egg white muffins? I’m starting the program as well and need some recipe ideas! Thanks!

October 14, 2013 at 11:58 pm Reply
  • Amanda J

Jamie’s site says 6-8 oz of lean meat for lunch/dinner for ladies. I am on day 5 and I feel like it’s too much — did you just cut it to 4 and you were fine?

October 30, 2013 at 10:22 am Reply
    • aleshahaley

I eat 4 oz for lunch & usually a whole chicken breast at dinner. I think it depends on how hungry you are. For lunch I am fine with just 4oz. of chicken and at dinner I am a little hungrier so I eat about 6 oz.

October 30, 2013 at 3:07 pm Reply
  • Cortney Eslinger

Hey! I am trying to print out the daily sheets and what not but it is printing out in Landscape instead of Portrait! I have tried changing all of the settings on the computer and printer and don’t know what I am doing wrong! Please let me know if you had to do anything to get it printed out right!! I am freaking out!

November 29, 2013 at 5:53 pm Reply
  • The 12 Week Lifefit Challenge | Jamie Eason's Live Fit Challenge

[…] this has been done before, and I was actually inspired to do this from Alesha Haley’s blog (http://aleshahaley.com/2013/08/18/jamie-eason-live-fit-challenge-week-1/), but I figured why not! If anything my blog will help inspire others, and hopefully this blog will […]

December 18, 2013 at 4:35 pm Reply
  • Victoria at Bienvenido Adventure

I am so happy I found your recap of the entire program! I am excited to start this on Monday. Looking forward to learning how to eat and take care of my body. You did great and look great!!

January 11, 2014 at 9:26 am Reply
  • Jess

So happy I stumbled across this. Thank you for putting in the effort to detail your experience. You look great by the way.

January 28, 2014 at 12:23 am Reply
  • Jenna

I was wondering when you did this program did you use any supplements. I know in her video’s she suggests some, but i’m not one who has taken a lot of supplements. So I was curious if you did when you did the program?

February 12, 2014 at 9:44 am Reply
  • Brittney

Is there anything that you can use as a salad dressing besides balsamic vinaigrette?

February 21, 2014 at 5:00 pm Reply

You can totally use other flavors, this is just the flavor recommended by Jamie Eason. I have a couple other dressings I use now I just make sure to look at the ingredients and also the sodium.

February 23, 2014 at 4:15 pm Reply
  • Taylor

Thank you having this very useful blog! I love it! Starting the program this week! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

February 23, 2014 at 4:44 pm Reply
  • Danielle

This is an amazing blog and I am so glad I found it! I think I am going to cut the 6oz portions of meat to 4 like you did. As I was prepping I was like, OMG! This looks like way too much food! Also, the 3/4 cup of rice I think I will cut to 1/2! LOL, I need to get used to eating all the time.

March 3, 2014 at 11:48 am Reply

aw wow thanks so much!!

March 6, 2014 at 9:45 am Reply
  • Morgan Candage

Im already hooked reading your blog! I just started Jamie Eason 12 week program on 4/21/2014!

April 25, 2014 at 1:14 pm Reply

Thats great! Glad you enjoy it 🙂

April 29, 2014 at 1:23 pm Reply
      • Morgan Candage

I read your weekly update of Jamie Eason livefit for every week I’m on, and I’m on week 2! Your awesome. goodluck with everything and keep blogging plz! (:

April 29, 2014 at 1:32 pm Reply
  • taren terrill

I found your blog and am so inspired. My husband and I had a really hard time getting pregnant with our son and looking back on it I bet it was from lack of diet and exercise as well. Now we are ready for baby number 2 but I really am trying to get into a lifestyle of clean eating and being more active. I love how your blog lays it all out.

I requested to be part of your FB group so I am hoping to gain some support through there. I had a question though! For a lot of your meals I am curious how you came up w/ the recipes and how you figured out they work within the plan??? I love some of your meals like chocolate protein pancakes etc but want to figure out how you planned those types of meals w/ the plan so I can use this in my everyday life. Thank you for any help <3

April 30, 2014 at 1:07 pm Reply
  • Amy

So I am starting this today, Followed your meal prep, But as for Jamie Easons 12 week program, This month is no Cardio, Did you really do no cardio? I feel like I HAVE to do at least 25 minutes of cardio. So did you really not do cardio at all for phase 1? Thanks.

August 25, 2014 at 2:52 pm Reply

Hi Amy,
      Its so hard isn’t it. It really took everything I had to do no cardio the first phase, but yes I followed it exactly the T. Trust me the program gets SOOOO much more intense as you go, so enjoy the “easy” phase 1 workouts!

September 29, 2014 at 8:40 pm Reply
      • Melissa

I have been lifting foe awhile now do you know if I can left more the suggested in the first phase! I’m so glad I found this blog! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Lots of great information! Thank you

October 5, 2014 at 10:53 pm Reply

Hi Melissa,

Yes if you feel comfortable lifting more than suggested I think its fine. I am getting ready to do my 2nd round of Jamie’s program and I will lift more weight this round. BUT I still won’t go to my MAX weight till the third phase.

October 6, 2014 at 10:43 am Reply
  • Amanda Pearson

Hello,

I cannot wait to start this program !!! This is super inspirational.
    I am just wondering though, did you use supplements and if so when did you incorporate them into your meals?
    Also, at what point during the day did you do your workouts?

Thanks !!! xo

September 3, 2014 at 3:57 pm Reply

Hi Amanda!
      I am going to be starting it again in a couple weeks, once I get the okay from my doctor.. I DID use supplements. I was given them by Bodybuilding.com marketing director a couple weeks into the program. I think you can still have success on the program without them, but I used the BCAA, daily multivitamin, and fish oil.
      I also did my workouts after work, around 5:30pm.
      Good luck, your going to do great!

September 29, 2014 at 8:39 pm Reply
  • Mia

Hello,

I have been reading your blog for a few weeks now. I am finally to the point where I feel like i can prepare the food. Thank you so much for posting your progress. It looks like I am a little late to the party as I see many of the post are from earlier this year, but I will ask my question anyhow…any response from anyone will help. When you did your meal prep for the week. Did you literally have 5 containers for breakfast, lunch etc. I was just wondering if made each meal for the entire week so i would have like 20+ containers in the refrigerator? I know protein shakes and the bars dont take up as much space, but I was curious as to whether i was on the right track if i did this?

Thanks
    Mia

November 16, 2014 at 5:52 pm Reply

Hi Mia,
      Great question.. Yes I did do each meal in a tupperware container.. So I did have about 10-20 containers in the fridge at a time. I never “prepped” my dinners, still did clean recipes, but I wanted to do them fresh each night. Good Luck!

November 18, 2014 at 1:20 pm Reply
  • Sharon

Hi Alesha!
    I found you on Pinterest and you have been a God-send! I’m on week 2 of Jamie’s and even though I gained weight, I won’t give up! I found out I was using the wrong kind of protein shake and after analysing what I was eating, I came to realize that my meals need fine tuning (I’m a healthy eater, but like you, found out some things I was eaten need to be out of my food list, like coffee:( , Well. definitely I will have to follow your example and prep all my meals on Sunday. I saw your 12 week recap and you look amazing!

December 27, 2014 at 9:57 pm Reply
  • Linda

Hi, I was wondering if you could provide some insight on the fatty proteins? It is listed in the food list, but not on the list that tells you when to eat. Do you eat these once a day, limited, etc? What do you suggest?

Thank you!

January 27, 2015 at 9:58 am Reply
  • Bodybuilding Jamie Eason Live Fit

[…] Jamie Eason Live Fit Challenge {Week 1} – Made with Love – Reply alesha_haley@yahoo.com September 29, 2014 at 8:39 pm. Hi Amanda! I am going to be starting it again in a couple weeks, once I get the okay from my doctor….. […]

February 6, 2015 at 7:30 pm Reply
  • My Very First Post | Focused on Fitness

[…] week and record my weigh-in. Thanks to the motivation of another blogger (you can read her blog here, I have decided to commit myself to the Jamie Eason 12 Week Live Fit Challenge. Check out the […]

February 22, 2015 at 5:10 pm Reply
  • Tiana C

Hi Alesha,

I have done Jamie’s program before and it was great, but I only got to week 8 due to a big move and no access to a gym anymore. Anyway, I am aiming to do it again focusing more than last time on her food plans, but I have one question – when you did it the first time, did you get all the supplements? I tried finding this on your blog, but can only find your mention of the protein powder, which I have. I was curious if you used a pre-workout or anything else the first time for phase 1? In the past I always use Optimum Nutrition supps normally, but was curious what all to get. Thank you so much for this awesome blog!

March 21, 2015 at 1:22 pm Reply
  • Britany

I was wondering… Do you eat all six meals plus a protein shake after workout?

April 7, 2015 at 8:31 pm Reply

Yep! I usually eat about 7 meals a day, depending on my day. But I always try to get my protein shake in 30 minutes after my workout 🙂

April 8, 2015 at 5:53 pm Reply
  • Courtney

Thank you so much for the meal prep ideas. I have attempted this workout before and I saw pretty great results by week 4, especially in my legs. But the food ideas were a struggle for me. Thanks for sharing 🙂

June 8, 2015 at 7:25 am Reply
  • Claire

Hi Alesha

I had not heard of this program until I stumbled across your food prep on Pinterest. You have inspired me to give it a go. I have about 25lb to lose to be comfortable and 30lb would get me to my wedding weight from 9 years ago which would be wonderful. I have struggled to lose the pregnancy weight from from 2nd child, who is now 17mths old, and I am really hoping that I can stay motivated for the whole program. My biggest thanks has to be for your honest body photos showing your progress. I am going to take photos too as they really showed your progress. That should be an excellent motivator.

Thank you!