In Recipes on
August 30, 2013

Egg White Muffins

I’m guna let you in on a little secret.

I just drink coffee for breakfast, I know I know.. it’s not good and I should eat something first thing. But I’m usually rushing out the door, wet hair, and just hoping that my flip flops match!
And even though I’m “starving” I never slow down to eat breakfast, so then for lunch I scarf down whatever I can find because I haven’t eaten in 4 hours! Which is usually the convenient Chick Fil A, that’s located 2 minutes from my office or last nights leftovers.

Well not no more Folks!! I’ve turned a new leaf since starting Jamie Eason’s Live Fit Program.

Egg White muffins are super easy, healthy, delish and a great Grab N’ Go breakfast, in case your in a hurry like me, in the mornings πŸ™‚
I’ve made a batch of these badboys every week for the past 3 weeks, and they are sooo good!
I’ve made these two different ways
1- with just Spinach & chickpeas (my fave so far!)
2- with onion, tomato, kale and Mrs.Dash
The pictures below show both πŸ™‚

securedownload-5

Then simply fill your muffin tins with the egg mixture. I added Mrs. Dash to the tops of these.
securedownload-6

banner_cleaneating_ebook

securedownload-1securedownload-1
These are spinach, egg whites and chickpeas.

securedownload-7
I also did another version with tomatoes, kale, and spinach.

securedownload-3

securedownload-4
Every morning at work I eat a handful of cooked brown rice (or a handful of spinach) and 2 egg whites, a great start to my morning πŸ™‚
And much better (& more filling) than just my solo coffee in the mornings!

Ingredients
9-12 – Egg whites (I used liquid egg whites from Publix, but you can use the whole egg if you want)
Spinach – handful of spinach, chopped

Optional
-Tomatoes: chopped
-Chickpeas: half a can
*You can add cheese or any sort of meat too, I’m trying for low calorie so I kept mine pretty simple!

Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix your egg whites, chopped spinach, and chickpeas (and any other ingredients) in a large bowl.
Then simply fill your muffin tins with the egg mixture. I added Mrs. Dash to some of mine). Pop into the oven for about 20 minutes (until they are no longer liquid).
Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes, then just place in tupperware.

And your done! Enjoy your easy breakfast on the go!

signature

• LFFL

The muffins look great! Healthy too.

August 30, 2013 at 10:32 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

Thanks so much!! They are delish! And soo easy πŸ™‚

August 31, 2013 at 11:23 am Reply
  • lotusbloomsagain84

Those look delicious, I think I have to try them out sometime

August 30, 2013 at 11:27 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

Thanks so much! Please try them & let me know what you think, they are delish!

August 31, 2013 at 11:22 am Reply
  • AllisonInWellnessLand

YUMM!!! I love making egg white muffins too!! I haven’t made them in a few weeks but they used to be my “clean out the produce drawer” muffins. I love adding black beans to mine & sautΓ©ing all the veggies first to get some of the moisture out! They are an awesome morning meal!!

September 1, 2013 at 12:03 am Reply
    • aleshahaley

mmmm that sounds good! Will have to try with different veggies!

September 4, 2013 at 10:23 am Reply
  • Emily A. Nolfo, M.D.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love your recipe and your general approach to fixing a bad habit!

September 7, 2013 at 3:47 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

Thanx! I’m definitely trying to be a breakfast person & it seems to be working πŸ™‚

September 7, 2013 at 3:51 pm Reply
  • The importance of breakfast………. | The Lotus Blooms Again

[…] to start planing my breakfast starting with a recipe I found here on WordPress. (here is the link: http://aleshahaley.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/egg-white-muffins/)Β πŸ™‚ I feel like eating breakfast everyday is a huge step, bigger than I realize now but will […]

September 8, 2013 at 4:01 pm Reply
  • Latishia

Do you heat these up? If so how do you hear them?

September 12, 2013 at 3:31 pm Reply
    • Latishia

Also do you heat your lunches or eat them cold?

September 12, 2013 at 3:32 pm Reply
      • aleshahaley

I heat everything up.. except for the Protein Bars. For the egg white muffins, spinach and chickpeas (breakfast) I heat them for about 30 seconds.

For lunch (broccoli, sweet potato, and chicken) I heat it in the microwave for about 2 minutes.

September 12, 2013 at 3:45 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

Yes mam πŸ™‚ I just pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.

September 12, 2013 at 3:44 pm Reply
  • Samantha

Hi Alesha, I have looked at the Jamie Eason eating plan so many times but have found it overwhelming. Seeing how you make it work into actual meals and how it’s worked for your body has inspired me to start it! Thank you so much πŸ™‚

October 14, 2013 at 6:21 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

Aw Samantha that is sooo great!! I know I was sooooo overwhelmed at first! I had to watch the intro videos for like 5 days before I decided to actually do it. But now being at week 10, it is very doable! I LOVE it and I love the way Jamie breaks everything down πŸ™‚ You will LOVE it too!

Please let me know how it goes for you! I love hearing other peopls experiences!

October 14, 2013 at 10:37 pm Reply
  • Sammi

Hi Alesha, are you making a weeks worth (10 muffins) with 9-12 egg whites? The plans says 5 egg whites for breakfast :O which seems like a lot…..especially if we’re making 5 days worth = 25 eggs!!

October 14, 2013 at 10:32 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

I actually only make 10-12 egg white muffins. Just enough for Monday – Friday. Saturday and Sunday I usually make protein pancakes.. gotta mix it up πŸ™‚

And ya theres no way I can eat 5 egg whites like Jamie recommends LOL I find the egg white muffins with a handful of spinach or chickpeas keeps me full for breakfast.

Are you just starting the program?

October 14, 2013 at 10:46 pm Reply
      • Sammi

I am already doing a fairly full on training program with a personal trainer so I’m going to try and incorporate Phase 1/2 into what I’m already doing.

I’m going to do the eating plan! Will do a big cook up on Sunday πŸ™‚

October 14, 2013 at 11:46 pm Reply
        • aleshahaley

That is sooo awesome!! My next goal is to save up for a personal trainer!! I used to work out with one a long time ago and LOVED it!!

And yay!! The meal prep has helped me sooo much I know it will be helpful for you too! πŸ™‚

October 15, 2013 at 10:51 am Reply
  • Allison j

Did you have to grease the muffin pans?

November 23, 2013 at 9:25 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

Hi Allison,

Yes I used a nonstick Coconut Oil cooking spray. And it works great! Please let me know how you like the egg muffins πŸ™‚

November 26, 2013 at 2:58 pm Reply
  • Joyce

Im gonna try these muffins–I think Scott will enjoy them too!

January 6, 2014 at 11:57 am Reply
  • Stephanie

Hey! How long do your egg muffins stay fresh? Are they fine in the fridge from sunday when you make them unti friday? πŸ™‚

January 19, 2014 at 9:20 am Reply

Mine last a whole week. If you wanted you could make enough for a couple days and then freeze the rest. But I haven’t had any issues with mine last at least a week if not longer. I wrap them individually if I know they will be for later in the week πŸ™‚

January 20, 2014 at 11:05 am Reply
  • Laura

Hi there! I am doing the lean body for her challenge by Jamie Eason and Kelsey Byers and I definitely want to try this! Do you know about how many calories are in one? I am so bad at figuring out calories.

January 31, 2014 at 5:25 pm Reply
  • Barbara

I just made these for this week. I added some chicken sausage because my husband likes meat. I totaled the calories and they are still only 102 calories. Take away the sausage and they are about 64 calories. Thanks for the recipe.

June 1, 2014 at 3:59 pm Reply
  • Jamie Eason Live Fit – Week 2 – Round 2 – Made with Love

[…] You know me, my favorite breakfasts, Egg White Muffins and Chickpeas. You can find my Egg White Muffin Recipe HERE. […]

January 19, 2015 at 5:00 pm Reply
  • maria

I made them this morning and loved them! My only issue is that I don’t kjow how to calculate the nutritional info to add to my fitness pal tracker. Does anybody know the breakdown so I can add it?

January 28, 2015 at 10:38 am Reply

I just type in egg white muffins & they have some that are homemade as an option… its as close as I can get πŸ™‚

January 29, 2015 at 1:14 pm Reply
  • Jamie Eason Week 7 {Recap} Round 2 – Made with Love

[…] For my egg white muffin recipe CLICK HERE. […]

March 10, 2015 at 12:49 pm Reply
  • monica

Do you freeze them for the latter part of the week, or just refrigerate?

July 6, 2015 at 10:40 am Reply

I just refrigerate πŸ™‚

July 7, 2015 at 11:33 am Reply
  • Ann

Wow!!! these are fab, trying to get onto online support as I have just bought 21 day programme but not had much luck, but this is great to get me started as there is not a lot of meals made up and I need someone to do the creativity so thank you so much, bought muffin tins and just finished doing my first lot but must admit I put the whole eggs in as it says you can have 2 eggs instead of I think yellow tub so that’s mine for each day thanks a lot again.

August 16, 2015 at 9:13 am Reply
  • Nancy Burton

Congratulations on your progress!! You are quite the inspiration. I’m going on week five tomorrow but haven’t lost near as much weight as you. I’m going to be stricter and keep you in mind so I do better..I have no problem doing the work..it’s the food that’s the issue..anyhow good luck and thank you so much for all your posts and recipes:)

February 7, 2016 at 8:14 pm Reply