In Fitness on
September 4, 2013

Jamie Eason Live Fit Challenge {Week 3}

A little late in posting this, but better late than never right?! This is my recap of week 3 of doing the Jamie Eason Live Fit Challenge.

I’m down 10 pounds so far!
Wooo Hoo!!

Feeling really good! I can def tell my clothes are starting to fit a little better.. and dare I say I can see a slight muscle in my legs!
I still have a long way to go, but I already feel so much better.

I’m feeling alot stronger in the gym too. I’ve upped my weights as Jamie suggested and Man O man, I’m starting to break a sweat with the workouts! They’ve added an extra day so now its 5 days a week for about 30 minutes.
Still NO cardio till I get to Phase 2, I have to admit I have snuck in a run on Sunday mornings with my dad.. I just couldnt help it! I love running with him and even though this has been mainly about weightlifting so far, I can tell that my runs are getting easier too. I’m still planning on doing the St.Augustine Half Marathon in November but I know the weight training will only help my long runs!

On a side note, my craving for junk food has MAJORLY gone down. I’ve always heard if you don’t eat alot of sugar you don’t crave it, and I think thats totally true. I am proud to say that I haven’t had one cheat meal or skipped one workout!
It’s been hard and not something that comes easy to me, but I feel more determined than ever to finish this program. Im already starting to think about my next step after this. I might do the 3 months over OR I might try P90x or Insanity.. BUT one step at a time 🙂

securedownload-4

This weeks lunches have consisted of 4oz of baked chicken, 1/2 a cup of brown rice and steamed squash.
I’m still eating my two egg muffins in the morning with a handful of spinach, an apple & carrots for my mid morning snack.
And then after lunch I eat 2 protein bar sqaures and then a protein shake around 5:00 before my workout.

securedownload-6
securedownload-7

Also another fun milestone this week… I finally got a Costco Membership!! YAY! I’ve only ever gone with friends and I finally feel like an adult now that I have my own membership.
Theres so much that we can save money on, by buying in bulk.

And if you haven’t had their Salmon before you’re missing out! Its sooo good! David just added some seasoning and grilled it one night and we still had so much left over. So the next day I made Salmon wraps, so good!
It’s nice to have the dinners be different every night, that way I don’t get bored with my food. I don’t mind eating the same breakfast and lunch but I still LOVE cooking so I like to have dinner to think of new fun recipes.

securedownload-1

Also with this past weekend being a Holiday (Labor Day) I had a little extra time to spend in the kitchen. I LOVE chocolate, like I could eat it every day! But alas, everything in moderation right? I’ve been trying to come up with new recipes and looking on pinterest to find new ideas for healthy desserts. And seriously you can do SOOOOO MUCH with just GREEK YOGURT & CHOCOLATE PROTEIN POWDER! Like for real, probably 100 different recipes with using those as your main ingredients.

Two of which I tried out this week were: Peanut Butter Cups & Chocolate Mousse. Both of them were amazing and satisfied my sweet tooth! My husband even licked the bowl after the chocolate mousse and said “Um that was stinkin delicious, prob the best thing you’ve ever made!” Why thank you very much! Husband approved makes for a Happy Wife 🙂

I’ll be posting both recipes later this week.. Stay Tuned!
For the Peanut Butter Cup Recipe CLICK HERE.

securedownload

securedownload-5

For the Chocolate Mousse recipe click here.

The best part is, not only did I eat Chocolate Mousse & Peanut Butter Cups this week but I lost 2 more pounds (total of 10 so far). I think thats the best thing about this program, is I don’t feel deprived OR starving. I just THINK about what I’m putting in my body, and try & think of new healthy recipes instead of eating processed foods or driving through a fast food restaurant. It really has been eye opening!

securedownload-6
SIDE NOTE: Insert my LOVE & DISCOVERY of PB2 Here!! OMG Powdered Peanut Butter is AMAZING! Bought mine from Walmart for $3.59 for a small container. Great for baking, smoothies and even sandwiches (just add water). Two Tablespoons are only 45 Calories compared to 190 Calories of typical peanut butter.. OMG!! Thats amazing! And YEP it taste the same. Okay can you tell I’m excited?! HA

Workout Time
securedownload-5

So for this weeks workouts, I upped the weights and they added another day. So 5 days a week total for about 30 minutes.
Depending on my schedule I either get up early and do the workouts in the morning if I know we have plans at night OR I just workout after work.

We have a community Gym thats included in our rent which is AWESOME! However if theres more than two people it gets crowded.. so for Phase 2 I think I’m going to consider getting a gym membership.
I want to do the workouts as accurately as possible and for some of the newer workouts, my gym doesn’t have the right equipment.

Heres a little look at what my daily workout notebook looks like. I love having my notebook with me, I have to say I felt pretty silly at first walking in the gym lugging this thing around, but NOW I have come to rely on it and for some reason writing everything down and having a physical notebook makes it really feel like I’m meeting my goals.

securedownload-1
See the workouts aren’t too crazy. Usually only about 10 different exercises each day. BUT with the weights, I’m starting to break a sweat. And the OMG after the two workouts, just means OMG That was really hard! HA just a little reminder to myself so that hopefully it wont be quite as hard next week. I like being able to see my progress on paper, and what has started out as SUPER difficult is now just a little difficult. Nothing crazy but I am starting to tell I’m getting stronger.

securedownload-3

securedownload

YAY 3 weeks down! Only one more week of Phase 1!

Anyone else trying Jamie Eason’s 12 Week Live Fit Trainer? Would LOVE to hear from you!!

Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 11.57.34 AMScreen Shot 2013-10-07 at 12.07.33 PMScreen Shot 2013-10-07 at 12.07.49 PM
Phase 1 PDF                         Phase 2 PDF                        Phase 3 PDF

You might also like:

securedownload-11securedownload1img_6656

Jamie Eason: WEEK 2          Jamie Eason: WEEK 1        Jamie Eason Challenge

• Amelia Maria

For week 3, I noticed the reps went from 12 to 10, and for week 1 and 2 e were lifting 65% of our max, does that % go up in week 3 ?

September 4, 2013 at 11:02 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

Yes, the percentage is now up to 80% of your max effort. Talk about a workout 🙂

September 5, 2013 at 8:20 am Reply
      • Amelia Maria

oh darn! haha I was sweating at 65%, 80% and I’ll be drippin!

September 5, 2013 at 10:06 pm Reply
        • aleshahaley

Girl tell me about it! I was shaking last night when I left the gym!

September 6, 2013 at 11:54 am Reply
  • Lindsay

I don’t know how I stumbled on your blog but I’m so excited I did! I am doing Live Fit too and am on week 3! Love that your just a step ahead!

September 5, 2013 at 1:55 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

O my goodness thats so great! I LOVE hearing that other people are going through it too! How do you like it so far? I feel like I am learning so much!! Happy you stumbled upon my blog 🙂

September 5, 2013 at 2:13 pm Reply
      • Lindsay

Loving it so far! I am not new to lifting or working out. I have been mainly running the last year, did a marathon and several halfs. I have lifted off and on along the way but I’m ready to take it to the next level and make lifting my main focus and I think this program is awesome! Can’t wait to see the results 🙂

September 5, 2013 at 5:06 pm Reply
      • Lindsay

I did my first leg day of Week three Tuesday night and I still haven’t recovered! Haha. I’m SORE!

September 5, 2013 at 5:07 pm Reply
        • aleshahaley

OMG that was me last week! I was sore for three days!!

September 6, 2013 at 11:54 am Reply
  • gretagriessel

Oh I have been living on brown rice vegetables and chicken for lunch! Good luck with Jamie reason programme!,,

September 6, 2013 at 12:48 am Reply
    • aleshahaley

Ha I know! Some how Im not sick of them yet.. thanks! You too!! I’m really enjoying it so far 🙂

September 6, 2013 at 11:54 am Reply
  • AllisonInWellnessLand

I LOVE & LIVE off of PB2… i seriously am addicted! You can go to nutrition.com and get pretty good deals on larger amounts!!

September 11, 2013 at 9:36 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

OOO! so good to know! I seriously go through one small container so quickly! I will check out nutrition.com 🙂

September 12, 2013 at 9:35 am Reply
  • Taneisha Michelle

Gosh you are SOOOOOOO encouraging!!!! I love your site and your recipes…I always find myself here frequently reading your blogs and trying new recipes… thanks sooo much for the encouragement and most importantly giving glory to God Almighty!!! LOVE IT!!!

November 8, 2013 at 9:59 pm Reply
    • aleshahaley

WOW thanks so much Taneisha! That means so much.. It has been such an eye opening experience 🙂 Im so glad I have been able to inspire and encourage others along the way!

November 11, 2013 at 11:36 am Reply
  • Jess

Sorry I know this post is from awhile ago but I am following Jamie Eason’s plans and rely on your experience a lot. My question for you was that I see you drink your protein shake before your workout in the afternoon but I have been doing my workouts early in the morning before work so do you drink your shake while working out and then eat breakfast?

January 20, 2014 at 10:23 am Reply

Thats a really common question. I think its up to you. I would recommend eating a small snack before your workout. Maybe an apple or banana, then drinking your protein shake after your workout. And then 2 hours later have your breakfast. It’s totally up to you. Depends on how hungry you are in the morning. You could eat your breakfast before your workout. Whatever works for you 🙂

January 20, 2014 at 11:07 am Reply
  • Kayla Preisner

Hi! I am starting today with JE’s plan…and I have a question for you. Where did you find that printable of the workouts? I can’t find it on her site anywhere!
    You totally rocked this!!!

January 5, 2015 at 11:56 am Reply
  • Lesley

Hi, I am soo motivated and inspired by your journey. As a mother and full time therapist I have definitely lost time for myself. I believe I have printed out all the wonderful resources you have provided but wanted to ask, was the Protein pwdr the only supplement you used that she recommended. I ask because I am not a big fan of pills, unless its like the size of a tic-tac!!! I am looking to start my journey tomorrow May 1, 2015 🙂

April 30, 2015 at 3:25 pm Reply
  • Stefani Fichtel

Hello!

I stumbled across your blog on Pinterest while searching Jamie Eason’s challenge, and so glad I did!! I’ve been reading and rereading as I try to mentally prep for this challenge. I have a question, I am a little confused by the meal plan, does she lay out the plan for you?? Or did you make your own meal plan using her approved foods list? And if you planned it out, how did you go about deciding what to make and how much?

Thank you! Feeling motivated!!
    Stefani