In Fitness on
January 12, 2015

Jamie Eason Live Fit – Week 1 – Round 2

Jamie Eason Live Fit – Week 1 – Round 2
Okay guys so Here I am, back at week 1. As you know I did Jamie’s program in August of 2013
and lost 30 pounds! You can read more about my last transformation HERE.
After having baby Annabelle, I’m so very excited about starting BodyBuilding.com’s Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer once again!

Boy O Boy, where do I even begin to describe my FIRST week?!
It was definitely a mix of emotions! It almost felt like “going home” in a way, I forgot how yummy all the food I made last time was! Ya I used some of the recipes while I was pregnant, but I wasn’t being near as strict as I was the first round. So it felt AMAZING to get back in the kitchen and gym routine!

WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE:
Okay so let me start off by saying the O so FUN part about this program.
TELLING MY WEIGHT TO THE ENTIRE INTERNET! AHHH
So after I had Annabelle I lost 20 pounds like NOTHING by 8 weeks. I think it had ALOT to do with nursing!
I am still nursing her at 4 months, but I started noticing my jeans were ALOT tighter these past couple weeks.
I didn’t really want to weigh myself because honestly I am just enjoying being a mom and trying to focus so much on Annabelle.
But when I hopped on the scale last week to see my STARTING WEIGHT, I was pretty shocked it was back up to 170 lbs.
I was 183 lbs when I delivered Annabelle, and I gained a total of 30 pounds during my pregnancy.
That number just gave me the motivation and confirmation, that it was perfect timing to do this program again.
So *drumroll please* when I stepped on the scale this morning, my weight was 163!!
I LOST 7 POUNDS THIS FIRST WEEK!

What?! Crazyness? I was sooo shocked! I’m literally following the plan to the “T” and making sure I’m getting lots of extra protein since I am still nursing.
This past week the workouts were only 20 minutes for 4 days a week. And I lost 7 pounds!

cardio
Let me repeat “You do not have to cardio, to lose weight!”
So many people think they will just sneak cardio in this first phase, but Jamie is so specific about NO CARDIO until Phase 2.
And look it works!! Your body will take all those calories and use them as fuel instead of building muscle.
I used to kill myself on the treadmill and took me a month to lose 2 pounds! Im not kidding!
Clean Eating + Weight Training does wonders!!
Jamie Eason Meal Prep // made with love

For Meal Prep this week, it took me about 4 hours since my little bundle of joy just kept wanting to nurse the whole time! HA
Have I mentioned that everything, like everything takes 10 times longer with children?! And my baby doesn’t even crawl yet!
Lord help me when I try and get anything done with her zooming around! HAHA
Okay enough about my baby, back to the food!
This week I made Egg white Muffins with spinach and mushrooms.
You can find my EGG WHITE MUFFINS recipe HERE.
I ate them every morning with half a cup of chickpeas.

eggwhitemuffins
Not going to lie at first it did take a day to get used to eating every 2 hours again.
But I just KNOW that it works! And the food is seriously so good! I love it!
Meal prep helped me really stay on track this week, and I make dinners fresh every night so I don’t get bored.

Week One Meals:
Breakfast: 2 Egg white muffins & half a cup of chickpeas
Snack: 2 Turkey Muffins with 1 TB of Hummus
Lunch: 4oz of chicken, half a sweet potato and broccoli
Snack: 2 Pumpkin Protein Bars
Dinners vary throughout the week!
I also throw a Vanilla Protein Shake {with almond milk}  in there whenever I finish my workouts!

Jamie Eason Live Fit // Eat Clean // Made with Love
And as my reward, on Saturday I made Vanilla Apple Protein Pancakes!
OMG you guys!! Their flipping amazing! I made protein pancakes every saturday
last round and I really looked forward to it and it was like my reward for getting through the week!
I used Jamie Eason’s Vanilla Protein Powder for the pancakes and topping!

image_prodprod1810054_largeImage_X_450_white
You can find Jamie Eason’s Protein Powder Here.

Vanilla Apple Protein Pancakes // Made with Love #eatclean #proteinpancakesI’ll be posting the Vanilla Apple Protein Pancake recipe soon, so stay tuned this week!

Another one of my favorite foods from this week, was my Sweet Potato & Chickpea Patties!
OMG seriously delicious! This is why I love this program, you can eat really healthy, fresh,
filling foods, that keep you fueled up AND full!

Sweet Potato & Chickpea Patties with Greek Yogurt Sauce #eatclean #jamieeasonlivefit
I’ll be posting my Sweet Potato & Chickpea Patties recipe this week too! So stay tuned 🙂

Jamie Eason Live Fit // Week one

So now that were all hungry, let’s talk workouts!
Week 2 Workouts:
20-30 minutes x 4 days a week

Alright I’m guna let you in on a little secret, I have not “lifted” weights like for real consistently lifted since I was like 4 months pregnant.
So it was definitely intimidating getting back to the gym. And if I have to sum up this weeks workout with one word:
HUMBLING

LEG DAY
I literally struggled through every pushup and squat! My body is not used to it anymore! When I was pregnant I tried to do squats every night,
so I would be prepared for labor. Anyway, I haven’t done squats with WEIGHTS since like a year ago!
So let me tell ya I was really having a hard time walking this week haha!
I looked like an 80 year old woman trying to go up and down our stairs.
But I do take BCAA’s and drink Amino Recovery on my workout AND rest days.
So that really really helped with my muscle soreness!

image_prodprod1060034_largeImage_X_450_white                                           BCAA
You can find the Amino Recovery Powder HERE.              You can find the BCAAs HERE.
Jamie Eason live fit // week one // Made with Love
Okay it’s embarrassing how I have literally NO muscle tone anymore! HA But the awesome thing is I know that I will in just a couple weeks!
I think by week 5 last time I could really tell in my arms! I definitely have an excitement starting this time, because I know how QUICKLY you will see changes, 3 months is nothing!

I feel like this week was really more about making meal prep and getting in the gym a routine again!
The workouts were tough, but because their so short, they don’t seem that bad! But OMG I remember just how crazy it gets in the next couple of weeks!
So for now, Im enjoying the 20 minute workouts 🙂

IMG_7107

Overall I have to say I think the biggest challenge so far is just doing this program
now that I’m a mom. I also work from my home and my husband works from home as well.
So we are both trying to work and spend time with
our 4 month old baby girl. So meal prep, and even just getting her calm so David can watch her so I can go to the gym,is like a feat in itself.
But what better motivation than my daughter?! She keeps me going and inspires me to be a better mom!
One of the days, I had to do my workout at home with our free weights, and it was so hard!
Annabelle was so fussy and I kept wanting to just stop, but I knew I had to get through it.
And Im so glad I did!

I’m really loving being back in a groove and routine!
Im really excited with my week 1 results and can’t wait to keep pushing myself next week!

fb_groupYou can still join my Facebook group!
Theres ton of women at all three phases doing Jamie Eason’s program!
To join the group CLICK HERE.

screen-shot-2013-10-07-at-12-07-33-pm Phase 1 printable workouts - Jamie Eason Live FItscreen-shot-2013-10-07-at-12-07-49-pm
final-print-ready-phase-1    final-print-ready-phase-2     final-print-ready-phase-3
Click the links above to download the Printable Workout Sheets for each phase.

Free meal plan & workoutYou can download my Clean Eating grocery list & 1 week Example meal plan Clean Eating Grocery List PDF.
Download the Word Document Version by clicking —-> Grocery LIST – Jamie Eason Live Fit

signature

• Shannon

You are seriously the most real and translucent fitness inspiration ever and your love for Christ makes you even more amazing. I’ve been following your blog for a long time and you never cease to amaze me. Thank you for always inspiring even when it’s not easy!

January 12, 2015 at 7:07 pm Reply

WOW thank you so so much Shannon! That means so much! Life is hard sometimes but I believe a positive attitude can make all the difference! Thanks for following 🙂

January 13, 2015 at 3:36 pm Reply
  • Beks

I started week 2 today, and did all of my food prep last night and today. There is so much food (but just enough over the course of a week). It’s just nuts how much cooking I did today. I’m sure I’ll get used to it. And you’re right. The food’s great. 🙂

January 12, 2015 at 8:54 pm Reply

I feel ya! It took me 4 hours this past Sunday! It gets better though and you get in a rhythm. and for me its worth it because its all done for the week! For the most part 🙂 You’re doing great!! Keep it up!

January 13, 2015 at 3:38 pm Reply
  • megan

Wow! Congrats on such amazing progress this past week! I just finished week 1 also but haven’t seen results yet (which I don’t expect yet anyways). Thank you for your posts and inspiration! Its not so easy sometimes but seeing your posts keeps me going. Looking forward to seeing your recipes!

January 12, 2015 at 9:49 pm Reply

Thanks Megan!! Last round I think the most I lost was 2 pounds, and some weeks nothing! So its totally normal for it to fluctuate. You’re doing great!

January 13, 2015 at 5:20 pm Reply
  • liz

When you announced the facebook group to join in on the 12 week program, I wanted to particpate but decided to go with a different program instead but would follow along on the sidelines. (I started live fit and quit a few months ago) However, after reading today, I sent a request to join the group! I am also going to use all your recipes posted, I have before in the past but now I am just convinced I really should!

January 13, 2015 at 12:47 pm Reply
  • MARISSA

Your blogs are so fun to read. I have to say that you are so lucky to work from home though. I waste 40 minutes per day in commuting and I wish I could spend that time working out! Grrrrr! Your daughter is adorable. I look forward to more recipes!

January 13, 2015 at 2:28 pm Reply

Thanks! Okay so its def a challenging situation. its awesome, that I can do it from home, but also hard with my little one. Im usually working during nap time and after she goes asleep. So lots of late nights 🙂 But you’re totally right i don’t have to spend time on the commute! My old job was over an hour a way, so 2.5 hours in the car everyday got pretty old!

January 16, 2015 at 1:08 pm Reply
  • Liz

Good for you! I’ve been thinking about doing Phases 2 & 3 again, but haven’t mustered up the courage! I’m looking forward to that chickpea patty recipe…

January 15, 2015 at 1:06 am Reply

You could totally do that! My favorite phase was phase 2. When I finished the whole program last time, I did phase 2 again 🙂

January 16, 2015 at 1:07 pm Reply
  • Vanilla Apple Protein Pancakes {Clean Eating} – Made with Love

[…] it was last Saturday & my first weekend since I started Jamie Easons workout program this year. And after 5 days, I was over my egg white muffins, so Pancake Saturday sounded […]

January 15, 2015 at 8:00 am Reply
  • Jennifer

First of all.. I think you are WONDERFUL! I started the Live Fit challenge back in December.. I too have a young 7 month old baby girl, so with a move across country and a baby, I fell off the wagon. I’m picking myself up by my bootstraps and getting back on the horse, though! I love your recipes and your simplicity. It’s hard to be the only one going for a goal, and its nice to feel like your in this together with someone else… thanks for bringing such support to others! I do have a question, though! It says that you only cook 4ounces of chicken for meals, but the plan says 6-8oz portions. Is there a reason for that? Just curious!

February 18, 2015 at 12:26 am Reply
  • Sara

Hello , I really want to do this program but it will be impossible for me to actually go to a gym 6 days a week. Is there a way that I can make it work doing 3 days at home and 3 days at the gym with the right weights at home?

February 20, 2015 at 3:37 pm Reply

I think you can totally do it with weights at home. I know a lot of women who are doing it at home with just free weights. You have to make a lot of adjustments with alternative exercises but the body space app has alternatives for the workouts 🙂

February 23, 2015 at 4:58 pm Reply
  • Patricia

I’m confused about the meal plan. JE’s pdf printout says “for each meal, choose one of the following options.” So for Meal #1, does that mean 5 egg whites OR unlimited veggies or 1 serving of starch? The way you’re doing it makes sense to me, but her instructions seem awfully unbalanced. Is anyone else confused, or am I just reading too much into this?

February 22, 2015 at 5:09 pm Reply

For meal 1 it means 5 egg whites PLUS 1 serving of starch. I usually do 2 egg white muffins and half a cup of chickpeas. And if I want some veggies Ill add spinach 🙂

February 23, 2015 at 4:57 pm Reply
  • RUTHBEL

Hey! Congrats on your work, it’s amazing your progress. It’s way more easy the way you explain it, I’m going to start next sunday! I love your recipes, but i was wondering, what kind o f stuff do you cook for dinner? Wish you the best luck!

August 6, 2015 at 10:36 pm Reply

Thanks girl!

All my dinners are in either the weekly recaps OR my recipes file. I try to mix it up every week 🙂

August 7, 2015 at 9:39 am Reply
  • Carol

Is Jamie Eason diet of protein too much? I thought females were to only intake 40-50g of protein daily. I don’t want my body to intake too much protein and tax my kidneys. I was trying to find out more info. Also after the 12 weeks then what? Just keep repeating it and eating that much. ???

September 18, 2016 at 10:34 pm Reply

I just followed the program exactly as it was laid out and continued to follow a clean diet after I finished.

September 19, 2016 at 2:30 pm Reply