In Fitness, Recipes on
September 23, 2015

21 Day Fix – Update

Okay guys, so I am currently on my 6th round of the 21 day fix! OMG can you believe it! I wanted to share some things I’ve learned along the way. And I am going to do something NEW, I am NOT going to tell you my weight lost! WHAT?! Alesha get a grip, thats the only thing that matters?! Right?!

Well NO, just no. You see I started noticing that on round 4 I started OBSESSING over the scale. I would work out hard eat healthy and then the scale would be UP a lb. And it would be depressing. LOL It would make me doubt my handwork, it would set my mood for the day, and honestly it was just exhausting. So I have decided to ONLY weigh myself at the END of every round (3 weeks) instead of once a week or more. I think its a healthier option for me, AND it allows me to focus on NON scale victories! You are MORE than a number on a scale, it does NOT define your success 🙂

One of the best things I love about the 21 day fix is being able to workout at home with my little girl! Somedays I workout while she’s napping OR I get some work done then she joins me for a quick 30 minute workout! She thinks planks and squats are hilarious and she’s always trying to copy me!

Here we are rocking our AWESOME workout tanks from Dick’s Sporting Goods. You can read more about my shopping experience HERE.
Dick's Sporting Goods tank #DSGFIT4U #vocalpoint
This is typically how Annabelle watches me workout! HAHA Drinking her bottle in her minnie mouse chair and laughing at me as I try to keep up with the workouts! HA

AB

Dick's Sporting Goods tank #DSGFIT4U #vocalpoint

Have I mentioned I love this tank top? Haha I cannot tell you how many tank tops I have but this one is just my new fave! I wear it at least once a week and I love that its black so you cant see all my sweat! HAHA Just being real guys 🙂 We also went hiking the other weekend, well I say hiking, we went walking in the woods! HA But what I love about the 21 day fix, is that my super simple at home workouts actually give me more energy!

I’ll never forget when my husband and I went to France a couple years ago, thats when I realized that at 24 years old I was out of breath just walking around! I made the commitment then to get my health back! Now I love that its just a part of my lifestyle! David and I love exploring new places and I was able to walk around all day with a 27 lb baby on me. no problem! It’s amazing what you’re body can adjust to!

IMG_9923

One of the biggest things I have learned from the 21 day fix is having the right portion sizes of my food. I use my colored containers to measure all my food and now I know exactly what the sizes look like on my plate.

It’s SO IMPORTANT to meal prep! You can check out my youtube with more meal prepping tips!
CLICK HERE

Y’all know I love protein pancakes, but sometimes I just want eggs! One of my Sunday traditions now is whipping up this super simply veggie quiche! In a sprayed ramekin just add 2 eggs, any desired veggies, cheese, precooked sausage or bacon & bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.

Then just top with tomatoes, croutons and fresh basil. It was DELISH! This counts as 2 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue and half green.

21 day fix quiche
I have also been mixing my meals up so I dont get bored. I typically prep my lunches and snacks but then make dinner fresh every night so I can mix it up!

15 Minute Chicken Fried Rice

Dice your chicken, cut into chunks, then sautee on medium heat with a little coconut oil for 7-8 minutes, until cooked through. Set aside.  Then scramble two eggs ? Set aside  Cook your rice, I use Seeds Of Change 90 second quinoa & brown rice packets. (If you are using traditional rice method obviously the recipe will take longer ?  Add 1 bag of frozen mix veggies to pan & little coconut oil. Heat until de thawed  Next add back ALL your ingredients to pan, add low sodium soy sauce (2 TB) or teriyaki sauce. That’s it! ?

For serving size on the @21dayfix, I measure out 1 green container for portion size. One portion equals 1 yellow, 1 red, .5 green and one orange.

IMG_9902
Overall I am loving the discipline that the 21 day fix has taught me! I try to mix it up in the kitchen and I am always experimenting with new recipes! I love my daily shakeology, it helps give me more energy throughout the day and it feels like a Cheat Meal! HA

IMG_7189
Happy Wednesday Friends!
If you are interested in joining my next 21 day fix Facebook group, lets talk! Send me an email: alesha_haley@yahoo.com

Be sure to check out Dick’s Sporting Goods online and in person. They are always having AMAZING sales!! Everything I got was either 50% off or MORE! Heck yes! CLICK HERE to shop!

This post is sponsored by Vocalpoint and DICK’s Sporting Goods. All opinions are my own.

signature

• Laura

I was just wondering how you figured out the portions/containers?!?!

October 11, 2015 at 5:12 pm Reply

For a certain recipe? Or in general? The guide kit comes with instructions on how to figure out your portions based on your caloric intake. Then I use my containers to measure all my food!

October 11, 2015 at 5:17 pm Reply
  • Laura

Sorry!! For the chicken fried rice recipe! I am so new to this!! I am on day three of my first round!

I guess I was confused on the serving size being one green, but then that portion equals 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green and one orange? How can there be a green in there with all those other containers? If the whole serving size is just one green?! Like I said, I am SO new to this!! I want to do it right!!! Thanks for getting back to me so quick!

October 11, 2015 at 5:36 pm Reply

So I just use my GREEN container to measure the portion, its strictly to measure my portion size. BUT THEN the chicken fried rice counts as carb, protein, veggie and sauce. So thats where the other containers come from. Hope that makes sense. I know its confusing. When I make casseroles, OR lasagana or dishes like this I use the green container (its 1 cup) to measure my portions, but then do my best to eyeball the ingredients, so I can track the containers!

October 14, 2015 at 12:24 pm Reply
      • Noelle

I’m confused about the portions too. Why wouldn’t you put the chicken in the red container, the veggies in purple, the rice in yellow, etc. and then mix it to eat?

February 2, 2016 at 2:33 pm Reply

Well everything was already mixed while I was cooking it, so I didn’t want to separate to measure it. For things like casseroles or recipes that have alot of ingredients, I always use my green container to measure my portions.

February 2, 2016 at 2:38 pm Reply
          • Noelle

Ok that makes sense. Would it be wrong to measure out my portions before mixing and then cook them separately from the rest? I would definitely end up eating more food this way than your way. I am only on day 2 and want to make sure I measure everything correctly.

February 2, 2016 at 2:56 pm
      • Jen

That still doesn’t make sense. If you are using a green to measure your portion but part of the container is filled with protein and carbs, it won’t count as a full green container. I’d say half green.

May 15, 2016 at 8:04 pm Reply
  • Ali

I was wondering how much chicken you used for the chicken fried rice?

October 12, 2015 at 6:24 pm Reply

I used two chicken breasts 🙂

October 14, 2015 at 12:26 pm Reply
  • Ashley

Do you know how many portions this makes?

November 15, 2015 at 2:09 am Reply

This makes about 5-6 servings and I probably used 1.5 cups of cooked rice 🙂

December 10, 2015 at 7:23 pm Reply
  • Ashley

Also how much rice did you use?

November 15, 2015 at 2:13 am Reply
  • Tricia Ryan

Hi, Thank you for all these yummy recipes. About how many servings does the stir-fry make?

November 29, 2015 at 11:03 am Reply

It makes about 5 servings 🙂

December 10, 2015 at 7:13 pm Reply
  • Margaret

Hi Alesha! I plan to start 21DF on Monday/Tuesday…depending on when my shipment comes in! Excited/anxious/nervous …all the feelings. I’m wondering about the egg recipe…if i don’t add the croutons, would that mean there is no yellow container? Thanks in advance 🙂

January 2, 2016 at 9:11 pm Reply

yep you are right! No yellows if there is no croutons 🙂

March 4, 2016 at 3:07 pm Reply
  • nathaly

hi I would love to join your next group. I just started the 21 day fix and I have no idea what to cook lol

January 4, 2016 at 3:01 pm Reply